[wingide-users] Auto restart in debug

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Mar 15 15:27:26 EST 2006

Michael Hipp wrote:
> I hit F5 to run/debug my program.
> It hits an exception and stops.
> I make some simple change.
> I hit F5 to restart the run.
> It pops up a dialog box informing me that source files have changed (I know
> that) and offering to restart or continue.
>
> Is there some way to tell it to just always restart without forcing me to deal
> with that dialog box?

There's no option for this currently.  We'll consider adding it as an
advanced option -- people may be surprised to see their program restart
when pressing the continue button after making a minor change that they
didn't remember making, like entering a character by mistake.
Personally, I press the stop and then the start button to restart.

Thanks for the suggestion,