[wingide-users] Feedback/Suggestions on the new search splitting

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Mar 15 14:43:46 EST 2006

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, Russell Warren wrote:
> Overall the new beta is pretty sweet, but so far I'm not a big
> fan of the way searching has been split in the new beta.

This happened because of the overwhelming number of requests for
a simpler base search interface that covers most common tasks
w/o requiring learning minisearch or the more complex interface.

It may be that most advanced users will always use the Search in
Files tool (possibly w/ some changes, along the lines you
summarized).  But I doubt we will combine them again.

It would be useful to have feedback from other users as well
(probably best sent directly to support at wingware.com).  I expect
there will be further refinements to the search GUI and user
input is still (well, always!) useful.

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python