[wingide-users] Editor extensions: indent_for_comment, transpose_chars

ybastide ybastide at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 13 10:20:29 EST 2006

Michael Hipp wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> Could you give us some information about what these actually do? And
> ideas on how to activate them.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael
>
> ybastide wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> here are two extensions I find quite useful: indent_for_comment and
>> transpose_chars.
>>
>> yves

Er, sure: so not all WingIDE users come from Emacs, after all ;-)

indent_for_comment either aligns the selection's comments on column 40,
or inserts a '# ' there and position the cursor.

transpose_chars transposes the characters around the caret, or the last
two characters if the cursor is at EOL. Very handy if you've got
keyboard dyslexia.

My bindings are 'Alt-Semicolon': 'indent-for-comment', 'Ctrl-T':
'transpose-chars', and consequently 'Esc I': 'forward-tab' (since Ctrl-T
is the default binding for forward-tab)

yves