[wingide-users] 2.1 vi keybindings - visual mode/'d'(elete)

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Wed Mar 8 20:26:41 EST 2006

On 08/03/06 Wingware Support said:

> Colon should work both in browse and visual modes.  If it's not
> working for you, can you send us a bug report from the Help menu
> with "error log" included?  That might contain a traceback.

I think I'm just blind. Colon did put me into the minibuffer. Mind you, if I
do this

:%s/foo/bar/gc

ie. search and replace foo with bar in all line occurrances, and confirm each
one

I just get an error.

"Error executing command .internal.edit.range.replace"

> It's a lot older in Wing.  This is the first beta of vi
> support... in case that wasn't clear! ;-)
>
> Thanks for the various vi mode bug reports.  We'll look
> into fixing them in the next beta.

I have more for you now. :) I just filed a bug report using the help menu.
Kudos on that feature. I have had to work soooo hard to file reports to some
companies that they obviously don't care about my feedback.

Mike

--Albert Einstein