[wingide-users] Search in Files Change in Wing 2.1

Peter Butler peter.butler at 141.com
Wed Jun 28 22:40:55 EDT 2006

Hi There

There seems to be a small change in the "Search in Files" function in
Wing 2.1.  In Wing 2.0.x, it was possible to select a piece of text in
an editor and hit Ctrl-F and the search would start automatically,
immediately showing all files which contain that piece of text.

In Wing 2.1 selecting a piece of text and hitting Ctrl-Shift-F puts the
selected text into the "Search" box but does not start searching
automatically , there are no matching files shown (and the search panel
shows "Search Aborted").  It is necessary to manually edit the text in
the search box (e.g. delete a character from the end of the text) to get
the search to start again.

This is quite frustrating for me because I used to use the Search in
Files function in this way a lot.  Is it possible to fix this so that it
works the same way it did in Wing 2.0.x?  Or have I missed something in
the preferences?

Cheers

Peter Butler