[wingide-users] printing colors change in 2.1?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jun 28 14:32:01 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Paul Sijben wrote:
> I upgraded to Wing ide 2.1 pro from 2.0.something.
> However when I print a listing to the color printer all the colors are
> different from what they are on the screen (which are the default ones).
> It is the same if I print to pdf. So this leads me to assume it is not
> in the printer but in WING IDE.
>
> Where do I tell it to use the same colors on the printer as on the screen?

If you're printing on Linux or OS X, which I am guessing you are,
the colors are actually decided independently (printing doesn't
involve the editor at all).  That should be true regardless of
whether you're printing directly to printer or to PDF.
Unfortunately, these choices for color can't be altered right
now.

Printing on Windows works completely differently and should use
the editor colors except that the background is forced to white
and that may alter colors if they are not considered distinct
enough to be visible on white.  Again, that shouldn't be
different if you print to file or printer.

Of course in either case there's always difference between screen
and print colors but a green should be green, etc, unless of
course you're missing some toner colors. ;-)

If you send an error report from the Help menu w/ error log
included perhaps I can find more detail there.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python