[wingide-users] Yes Another thing related to tabs

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jun 26 10:26:55 EDT 2006

Russell Warren wrote:
> I'll second that and, just for kicks, add a semi-frivolous feature request on this topic...

My take away from this discussion is that the tab interface can be
improved with drag-n-drop, longer labels in some cases, possibly close
buttons on tabs, and a few other things.  Sorting and numbering when
there's duplicate label based on order of penning rather than
alphabetically also seems to be a number of people's preferred option.

> It would be nice to have the option of the appear-on-hover close-tab X that a couple of the firefox extensions have.  I've become spoiled by it and recoil at the thought of the incredibly tedious single right-click context requirement to close a tab... :)

I think that the next major version of firefox is going to have this
feature, so it's something that we will consider.  Currently you can
close a tab with mouse button 2.

Cheers,