[wingide-users] Yes Another thing related to tabs

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 10:20:28 EDT 2006

On 6/26/06, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:
> It should go back to the most recently viewed previous editor in
> that split.

Actually, I find that AMAZINGLY annoying, and would like to have the
ability to change that behaviour.

When working, files get opened, and sooner or later I have so many
files they don't all fit in the tab space. Usually, I then want to
close the files which I no longer want open. Invariably, the current
file I work on is one I *do* want open.

The result is that I click on a file I want to close, the click on the
close button. Then I get returned to the last file, which I want to
keep open. So, I click on a file I wnat to close, and I click on
close. And so on, and so on, and so on, for maybe ten files.

Compare this with how for example Firefox works.  When I want to close
a lot fo tabs, I go to the file I want to close, and click close. I
then find myself on the next tab. Not the last opened, but the nearest
one. I can then click close again. And again, and again and again.
Since I don't have to mouse around and click twice per file, this is
amazingly much faster.

So, I would like, either that the nearest tab gets the focus, not the
last, when you close. Or, I would like one close button per tab. Or,
probably the best solution: A file list toolbox where I can shift
select many files and then close them in one go.

Hmmm. The file-list toolbox popped up there again. :-) I think I'd
like one, and then I'd probably like to get rid of the tabs
altogether...

When writing extentions to WingIDE is is possible to create new toolboxes? :-)