[wingide-users] Tiny feature request

Danny Bloemendaal Danny.Bloemendaal at companion.nl
Thu Jun 22 18:01:25 EDT 2006

My suggestion is of course for those situations where you edit several
files with the same filename. The number postfix doesn't help at all,
they might as well be omitted if  you ask me. Tooltips is just as
cumbersome as looking around to see clues what file is currently active.
If I have to move my cursor over several tabs, wait a second to see the
full path, well... I think I make my point. It is a pita and makes me
have to do things that I don't want. All I need is to see, click and
edit. It just bad usability. Gives you bad performance when there are
conflicting targets to click on.
Fortunately, the guys at Wing agree here ;-). Very wise :-p

The eclipse suggestion seems like a good one (and again, only for those
tabs where the filenames are equal).

<teasing-sacrasm-mode on>
And yeah, let's give Wing even more the feature creeps by adding another
satisfy everybody-switch in the prefences so that people who love to
have a bad UI can have it.
(Fortunately OSX doesn't make these mistakes and makes (usually good)
choices for us :-p).
<teasing-sacrasm-mode off>