[wingide-users] Tiny feature request

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Jun 22 11:03:06 EDT 2006

Charles Hartman wrote:
> It could also help solve a basically insoluble problem: if tabs are
> small enough to be convenient they're too small to hold fully
> distinctive names.

I agree that the tab labels could be better and most of the suggestions
here are quite good, but currently the way to see the full file name is
in the tooltip that appears when the mouse hovers over the label.  Are
these not appearing?  Wing may need a preference to keep showing these
when the other tooltips are turned off.

Going forward, we do want to improve this with drag-n-drop, options to
not replicate all files in all splits, notebook scrolling arrows that
don't change the current page, and longer labels when there's room.  I
also want renameable labels, but more for tool panels in toolboxes than
for documents.

Cheers,