[wingide-users] Tiny feature request

Danny Bloemendaal danny.bloemendaal at informaat.nl
Thu Jun 22 05:23:18 EDT 2006

Every now and them I have several __init__.py documents open. Problem
is that the tabs only show a # after the filename to distinguish
them. That is not very helpful. I would say that if you prefix the
file with the foldername of it's container, it would be a lot more
helpful to quickly see which one you need. I have had several
occasions that I accidently edited the wrong file.

Mmm, now that I think about it. Only the parent's folder wouldn't
help when I have several files open all sitting in a content/
folder. :-(
So, just displaying the parent's folder doesn't always work... Then
what? The entire path in the tab? That would be too large. Or keep
adding paths until they are different? That would be a good start.
Combine it with elispes:

So I have open:
/Users/dannyb/ZopeICE/Products/IssueTracker/content/__init__.py
/Users/dannyb/ZopeICE/Products/SimpleBlog/content/__init__.py

The tabs now show:
__init__.py #1
__init__.py #2

They could show:
IssueTracker/content/__init__.py
SimpleBlog/content/__init__.py

But that would be too long. So, use ellipses:

IssueTracker.../__init__.py
SimpleBlog.../__init__.py

I think with a simple algorithm you can make this work a lot better
that it is now. Almost every solution is better than just adding
numbers.

Cheers,
Danny.