[wingide-users] feature request : jump to source when double-clicking on Traceback in debug-I/O window

Vania Smrkovski vania at pandorasdream.com
Wed Jun 21 10:11:44 EDT 2006

I for one don't need to be sold on Test Driven Development, though I
am like most such developers in that I can't quite get myself to
actually DO test driven development.

That little sin aside, I second your request, with one addition.  I
think you make a good observation in that the IDE, or more generally,
the tools you have on hand provide a great deal of influence in your
development standards and processes.  If the IDE were to be more
conducive to making test driven development easier, not just in being
able to quickly get to a code by clicking on an error, but
automatically generating code stubs when writing test cases (or the
other way around), and automatically running unit tests and seeing the
results, it would be much easier to do it.

But I gather these are more of a development path discussion, and not
features that can quickly be added in.

I'm not familiar enough with the API myself, yet, or I would write a
plug-in on my own.