[wingide-users] Javascript functions...

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Jun 8 10:58:56 EDT 2006

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Hugh Gibson wrote:
> I know this is a far-fetched request, but is there a way of
> patching into the Source Browser so that it can show functions
> in a Javascript file?

Unfortunately not without writing a static analysis engine for
Javascript.  Which is probably (?) easier than writing one for
Python, but not something we've done yet.

In the unlikely event you have too much time on your hands and
want to try it, we'ld certainly help you with the sources! ;-)

More seriously, we do want to make the analysis subsystem more
modular so it's easier to add other languages in the future;
javascript and some of others commonly used w/ Python are of
course likely to be the first attempted.

- Stephan