[wingide-users] Color selection

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jun 6 10:28:38 EDT 2006

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Christopher Perkins wrote:
> I am interested in buying your product, and it works great
> except for the syntax/editing screen highlighting.  I like to
> use a dark background (blue to be exact) and I cannot figure
> out how to modify the following things:
>
> Caret Color.  Yellow Please.

Currently, this is set either to black or white depending on the
background.  For this to work correctly, you need Wing version
2.1.0-rc1 (at least earlier 2.1 releases didn't set the caret
color correctly).  We'll try to add a way to set the caret to
other colors from preferences in the future.

> class, for, in, if... etc.  They are grey, and I cannot figure
> out how to change them.  Yellow Please.

Use Color / Syntax Highlighting preferences to alter these after
setting the source editor background color.  This may only work
properly in Wing 2.1.0-rc1.

I see some of the symbol type names in prefs are a bit cryptic.
"Word" is for keywoards like class, for, in, if, etc...

Thanks for trying Wing.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python