[wingide-users] auto-completion in 2.1-rc1

Bryan Stearns stearns at osafoundation.org
Mon Jun 5 14:31:14 EDT 2006

Sorry this is vague, but I'm getting an error alert ("Error executing
command .internal.edit.complete_autocompletion") when autocompleting
using Enter on 2.1.0-rc1 on one (but not both) of my Windows machines.

Background: I've been upgrading to the evolving 2.1 builds as they've
come out, and I noticed a while back that one of my development machines
(which I only use occasionally) stopped autocompleting on "enter"
(though it'd still autocomplete on "tab" successfully). At the time, I
coulda sworn I'd checked the preference (Editor ->Auto-completion,
Completion Keys), but I may not have done this (because I checked the
preference just now and was a little confused as to which keys were
active - I guess I expected to see checkboxes, instead of merely list
highlighting).

I just upgraded that machine to 2.1.0-rc1 this weekend, and noticed the
problem again. I looked at the preference and found, lo and behold, that
only "tab" was selected: great, my bad. However, when I also selected
Enter and used the Enter key to complete selection, I an alert saying:
"Error executing command .internal.edit.complete_autocompletion", though
the autocompletion appears to happen successfully. (Tab is still
selected in the preference, and still autocompletes successfully without
presenting an alert.)

I've only seen this happen on my occasional-use development machine; my
main machine has always worked correctly when autocompleting on Enter,
and continues to. Both machines run Windows XP Pro and are kept up with
security patches.

(If there's anything I can try or do to help track this down, please let
me know!)

thanks,
...Bryan