[wingide-users] Implementing new Syntax highlighting schemes

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jun 5 11:10:41 EDT 2006

Brian Brown wrote:
> Is there a way to implement custom syntaxes? For example, we have one
> that has python embedded in xml (as many python web templating
> systems do) and would like to have the python recognized as such,
> color coded, completion enabled, etc., while the xml will be color
> coded as well.

There currently is no support for code completion or other analysis
features for python code embedded in an xml file.  As for syntax
highlighting, Wing uses the scintilla editing component and any
scintilla lexer can be used by Wing.  The xml / html lexer does provide
some support for ASP style files.  It could be modified to support your
language or a new lexer written in C++.

We do plan on improving support for python embedded in xml or other
files in future Wing versions.

Cheers,