[wingide-users] Completion with third party modules

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Fri Jun 2 16:45:24 EDT 2006

Greetings All,

When using the Techgame skinning framework (http://www.techgame.net/
projects/Framework) I usually set up my development environment using
a pth file in the site-packages directory that points to a folder
where I have my modules.

The pth file would look like:

/Users/brian/Dev

In the folder with my modules (/Users/brian/Dev), I have an
__init__.py that has the form:

__path__.extend([
     '/Users/brian/Dev/TG/framework/proj',
     '/Users/brian/Dev/TG/blathernet/proj',
     '/Users/brian/Dev/TG/objectdbs/proj',
     '/Users/brian/Dev/TG/gccxml/proj',
     '/Users/brian/Dev/TG/pyDevSpace/proj'])

... which would add 5 projects to my python path. So then I would
import something like:

from TG.skinning.toolkits.wx import wxSkinModel

This all works wonderfully when running the app or importing things
in a python interpreter. However, Wing cannot "infer the types" if I
try to complete on one of the classes. I believe it has to do with
the indirection due to the __path__.extend().

Anyone have any ideas how I could get completion in this case?

thanks!

Brian