Why do Subversion Thrigh Wing? RE: [wingide-users] Subversionagain

Ken Kinder kkinder at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 19:04:46 MDT 2006

On 7/31/06, Vania Smrkovski <vania at pandorasdream.com> wrote:

> I'm not saying you can do a great job with a project by not adding that
> integration.  But the whole point of version control, be it CVS, Subversion
> or Visual Source Safe, is that some of the team members are less careful
> than others, and the system is there to protect the project from harm.

True, although many of the problems that could come up in Wing (like
not updating files not in your project) could come about anyway -- for
example by running update in a subdir, not the root dir.

Ultimately I think the developers have to have some intelligence about
it. One thing I like about Wing is that it doesn't assume I'm stupid,
but it does assume I'm lazy. Which, of course, I am. :)