[wingide-users] CVS/Subversion/Perforce

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jul 24 10:55:35 MDT 2006

Vania Smrkovski wrote:
> I tried installing Perforce on my desktop over the weekend and found that
> the only way for my Wing project to integrate with it was by having the
> desktop client app actually logged in and running.  Is this correct?

You need to log in through one of the perforce commands, but the client
app doesn't need to be running.  Wing currently does not provide the
ability to login in any of the version control systems it supports.

> But that begs the same question.  I notice that when I set up my project
> for
> Subversion, I likewise get no config options to identify "who" I am in the
> context of Subversion.
>
> Is this the idea?  Will I need to install a desktop client for Subversion
> before the project works?

You do need the svn command line application for Wing's subversion
support to work and you should use it or another subversion frontend to
setup your project directory and how to access your repository.  Then
you'll be able to update, commit, etc from within Wing.

Cheers,