[wingide-users] Opening project files

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jan 31 11:58:16 EST 2006

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Ken Kinder wrote:
> On 1/30/06, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:
>
>> It's sort of a bug and sort of a weird feature.  What we probably
>> want is just to start a new instance of Wing in that case, and
>> not open it as a text file in the other instance.  Opening the
>> project in the existing instance is likely going to be annoying
>> and not what is wanted most of the time.
>>
>> Does that sound right?  Were you trying to start a new instance
>> or open the project in the existing one (as a project, not text
>> file)?
>
> Well, no, actually, I hoped it would replace the existing project as the
> open project. I'm saying, "switch to this project now". It's because I
> created a new "project" for each task I work on.

I've implemented this for 2.1 but it means that mapping .wpr
extensions to launch Wing from a linux file manager needs to
include the --new command line option to avoid the (possibly
surprizing) behavior of reusing instances for newly opened
projects.  Not a big deal, esp. since this was pretty much broken
before unless --new was there.

- Stephan