[wingide-users] Opening project files

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jan 31 00:50:36 EST 2006

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Ken Kinder wrote:
> It appears that when you open a project file from the command-line, like
> this:
>
>   wing2.0 foo.wpr
>
> it opens the project file fine if WingIDE isn't already running. If WingIDE
> is running, it opens the project file itself as a test in the editor. Could
> be a bug?

It's sort of a bug and sort of a weird feature.  What we probably
want is just to start a new instance of Wing in that case, and
not open it as a text file in the other instance.  Opening the
project in the existing instance is likely going to be annoying
and not what is wanted most of the time.

Does that sound right?  Were you trying to start a new instance
or open the project in the existing one (as a project, not text
file)?

BTW, this is the work-around for opening the project in a
new instance of Wing:

wing2.0 --new foo.wpr

- Stephan