[wingide-users] Getting "<error handling> <opaque error>" in the stack data view

Russell Warren rwarren at picarro.com
Fri Jan 13 19:25:58 EST 2006

I've been getting what I consider to be a strange <opaque error> in the stack data view with some code that I'm working on.  I've steadily hacked and slashed the code down to a reduced segment that still shows the problem (if not making much sense to look at).  The code is at the end of this.

With a breakpoint at the last code line, what happens is that the fff object appears with the opaque error for some reason I don't understand.  What is up here?  It doesn't seem to match the description that exists in the help docs of the opaque error.  This code works completely fine and I can even step through it all neatly in Wing.

Any explanation (or fix, so I can see the object) is appreciated!

Thanks,
Russ

#---
class Foo1(object):
  def __init__(self):
    self.Description = ""

class Foo2(Foo1):
  def __init__(self):

    Foo1.__init__(self)

    self.Description = "bogus"
    self._EventRef = None

  def __getattribute__(self, name):
    if name == "__dict__":
      return Foo1.__getattribute__(self, name)
    elif not self.__dict__["_EventRef"]:
      return Foo1.__getattribute__(self, name)
    else:
      return self.__dict__["_EventRef"].name

fff = Foo2()
fff.Description="hmm"
print fff.Description
print "bogus" #break point here (or a few lines up)
#---