[wingide-users] Odd search/replace behavior.

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Feb 27 22:46:04 EST 2006

Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
> I pressed ctrl-h which placed the cursor in the Search field (pitty
> it still doesn't show the text at the cursor position but that's
> another story). Then I typed my search string. Then I pressed tab to
> move to the Replace field. Well, it didn't. It did a search. I'd say
> tab moves to the next field in (any) dialog.

It probably searched because incremental searching was turned on (it is
the default).  Did tab also move the cursor to the replace field?  The
current selected text is entered into the search field if nothing was
previously in the search field.

We look into the failure to replace.  Hopefully when you submit a bug
report with an error-log, it'll give us more information on what occurred.