[wingide-users] 2.1 Question

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Feb 24 12:21:21 EST 2006

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Rob Knapp wrote:
> I just downloaded 2.1, and will be giving it a full spin later, but
> I have a VCS integration question:
>
> Any chance of doing like some other editors do and have a sort of
> generic interface?  I can't remember which one it is, when you set it
> up, you give it the checkout command, checkin command, etc.
>
> Or, is this possible with the new scripting engine?
>
> I am evaluating VCS's for the a few OSS projects and we
> are looking bazaar-ng, for which there is not an interface.

You could copy and modify the source of scripts/cvs.py (or svn.py
or perforce.py; within your Wing installation) to write support
for bazaar-ng.  Some of it is just changing the command lines /
output parsing code for each command but there's usually at least
some parsing of special files on disk (like contents of
CVS/Entries or analogous).  The Perforce integration was actually
done by a user and contributed back to us.

Would be nice to have a framework (or just a superclass) that
makes it easier to fill the system-specific code in.  We just
haven't had time to do that.

If you do write support, we'ld certainly take contributed code
and would maintain it across releases.  I'm at PyCon and there's
a talk on bazaar-ng that I'll try to attend this afternoon.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python