[wingide-users] WTH are auto-bookmarks anyway?

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Thu Feb 23 10:05:19 EST 2006

Peter Fein wrote:
> For example, which methods of opening a new file cause it to be pinned
> vs. unpinned?  I have *never* figured this out, let alone what causes
> the unpinned ones to spontaneously close on their own. :(

Opening files from the search results, from following definitions
(control-click) and from the projectfiles and source browser boxes when
'follow selection' is on, will all cause files to be opened 'unpinned'.

Unpinned files are closed when you the user-configurable treshold is
reached, more unpinned files opened causes the earliest-opened to be closed.

This is all described under the 'Transient vs. non-Transient Editors'
chapter in the manual.

Martijn Pieters