[wingide-users] WTH are auto-bookmarks anyway?

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Thu Feb 23 02:51:22 EST 2006

Peter Fein wrote:
> Umm, not to be a complete idiot, but what the heck are auto-bookmarks
> anyway?  I'm running Wing2.0, and all these commands seem to do is cycle
> through open files in some non-determinate order, sometimes visiting the
> same one twice before failing to cycle back to the beginning.

If you switch to another place in your code (because you CTRL-clicked an
identifier to jump to its definition, for example) your current location
is auto-bookmarked before the editor takes you there. This allows you to
track back to where you where before such jumps. To me that's unmissable
functionality.

Martijn Pieters