[wingide-users] Wing IDE 2.1 beta1 released!

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Feb 22 17:09:31 EST 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Ken Kinder wrote:
> I know it a lot to ask for, but putting the diff somehow in the actual
> editor window would be simply amazing.

Yes, would be nice.  Something like this is in our plan, as part
of a general diff manager tool.

>  * I find the ssh-agent warning confusing, in that I don't know in what
> context I'm disabling the test. I should be able to select in what scope I'm
> going to disable the test -- project-wide, system-wide, just for that file?

It's user-wide (at preference level).  Can be turned on/off from
the Options item in the SVN menu in case you didn't see that.

>  * Bookmarks are great. I've needed something like this. I'd like to be
> able categorize bookmarks, like "TODO", "FIXME", etc. Or if it auto-created
> bookmarks based on such text in the file, that would be handy.

Hmm, we should add scripting API for access to bookmarks.
Categories and some sort of auto-creation script are also good
ideas, thanks.  Tho of course global search for FIXME, etc,
pretty much does what that would.

>  * It would be nice if SHIFT+F2 could really get rid of everything,
> including the menubar, tabs, fold area, etc.

Yes, I suppose we could go further with this.

>  * Why wouldn't I always use "Search in Files" and select the current file
> instead of use the "Search" panel?

We had a lot of requests for a simpler search interface for basic
searching so we added it.  I personally like the batch display
style in Search in Files so tend to use that.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python