[wingide-users] 2.1 Would not start Redhat ES 3.0

Dan Cook onedsc at sonic.net
Wed Feb 22 12:53:17 EST 2006

I haven't had much time to play with 2.1, but some things I have noticed
are:

 - 2.1 would not start using the system GTK on Redhat ES 3.0, but Wing 2.0
does.
   Resolved by using the --private-gtk option.
 - Vi mode looks good.  Basic functionality works.  Many thanks...
   Have not tried any advanced functions yet in vi.
   Would be nice if there were a listing of commands that were supported in
the docs.

Remote debugging:
  - More of a packaging issue: I would really like to see just the remote
server packaged in a way that would be more easily installed on a remote
target.  After every release I have to pull the 200K remote server from the
4M zip file to put onto our remote target where space is very limited.