[wingide-users] First impressions with 2.1

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Feb 22 12:11:34 EST 2006

Peter Fein wrote:
>>>Can you please make dialogues that are supposed to be modal really
>>>modal? When the file=open dialog or config dialog is showed, you can
>>>still click on the main window causing you to move the dialog behind
>>>the window.
>>
>>You can't please everyone; I for one love this.. :)
>
> I don't - I can't tell you how many times I've wound up with 2+ 'run
> debug' boxes open b/c they wind up hidden.

Looks like there a couple of problems here: the dialog should be staying
on top of the window it is for even when that window gets the focus and
Wing should be re-using the existing dialog.  We'll fix the re-use bug,
but staying on top is somewhat window manager dependent.

I do think dialogs should be non-model most of the time.