[wingide-users] Minor annoyance with case (in)sensitivity

Ken Kinder kkinder at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 14:12:59 EST 2006

I often name my classes something like FooBar, then my objects fooBar. It's
pretty common, but the problem is what whenever I try to do completion on
fooBar, WingIDE matches it to FooBar. Case insensitivity for completion is
usually nice, but in an instance where two identically named identifiers
exist, it should revert to a case preference.

I basically want both. If I type in "spam" and only "Spam" exists, it should
match that with case insensitivity and complete to "Spam". If both "Spam"
and "spam" exist as identifiers, it should match first to whatever I've
started to type. Make sense?

Attached screenshot demonstrates the problem.