[wingide-users] Intel Macs?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Feb 16 13:30:21 EST 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Charles Hartman wrote:
> Maybe this has already been addressed somewhere? I use Wing (wouldn't
> program in Python any other way!) on OS X under (unfortunately) X11.
> I'm thinking about getting one of the new Intel iMacs. I assume it
> will come with X11, though I don't know that. So will I be able to
> continue work seamlessly? In this case, it doesn't seem as though
> there'd be a native-vs.-Rosetta problem, but what do I know?

Wing doesn't currently include the debugger extension module
compiled for intel Macs.  We'll add that in the future, but for
now the only way to go is to compile it yourself.  If someone
wants to contribute the result, we could share it with other
interested users in the interim, until we're able to ship Wing
with the binary included.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python