[wingide-users] Refreshing project files

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Feb 14 14:10:06 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Lars Eriksen wrote:
> It seems only possible to add directories to a project, but not to
> refresh the project and synchronize its contents with its directory. Am
> I missing something? If not, is it possible to add this functionality
> via a script?

Wing 2.0.4 doesn't have a feature for this but there are several
contributed scripts that fill the niche on this page:

http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide/2.0.4/contrib

See "Project Upkeep", "Add & remove files from project" and
"Syncronize project files with disk" -- these are all scripts
that can be dropped into the 'scripts' directory in your user
settings directory (then Reload All Scripts from the edit menu).

See http://wingware.com/doc/scripting for documentation on the
scripting system.

Hope that helps.  We do plan to add auto-refreshing projects in
the future, but unfortunately this won't be in the Wing 2.1 beta
due out soon, but rather in a later major release.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python