[wingide-users] Feature request: code snippets

Humberto Diogenes adm.humberto at digi.com.br
Wed Dec 27 19:09:01 MST 2006

   Stephan, please correct me if I'm wrong, but with the current
Templates implementation in Wing we have to:
   1. Click Tools->Templates to see the Templates tab (as it is not
enabled by default);
     1.5. Optionally select between "system" and "user" tabs;
   2. Double click one of the templates;
     2.5. Wait for a new window to open;
   3. Type the name of our class/function;
   4. Press Enter.

   Compare that to what happens in TextMate:
   1. Type "def";
   2. Press Tab.

   Besides being much more intuitive, it has (or rather _is_) a
keyboard shortcut by default (I read section 4.15 of Wing Help but
couldn't find how to do it without using a mouse - using a standard
Wing install, I mean).

--
Humberto Diógenes
Diginet Brasil