[wingide-users] Custom Executable and Python Shell

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Dec 27 14:06:01 MST 2006

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006, Michael Foord wrote:
> > Since you are just trying to get files to execute with IronPython, perhaps
> > the thing to do is to write a script that executes the current file with
> > IronPython and abandon trying to use Wing's "Execute" functionality.
> Ok, that sounds like it should work fairly well.
>
> I assume I can set keyboard shortcuts to menu options added by a script ?

Yes, in preferences.

> 2) The Python shell is broken if you are using a custom executable which isn't
> a Python interpreter. An implementation detail of your debugger it seems. ;-)

The shell isn't a generic wrapper for any executable, it's
specific to running Python and depends on the debugger which
currently only works with CPython.

I'll take this as a request for a generic wrapper, which I agree
is something that would be generally useful.

> It would be nice to see both fixed. I'd like to start hacking with scripting
> anyway, we use a modified PyLint at work so hooking that in would be great.

This may be of interest:

http://wingware.com/pipermail/wingide-users/2006-October/003735.html

- Stephan