[wingide-users] Custom Executable and Python Shell

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Dec 24 14:11:59 MST 2006

**

Hello all,

I've got Wing setup for developing with our work environment.

We use a custom executable. To overcome the fact that when you have both
these options set Wing doesn't pass the full path of the file being
executed, I have created a script that finds the executable and finds
the full path of the script being executed, sets the correct current
directory and executes the script.

By the way, this limitation makes it impossible to use a custom
executable and set the initial directory.

With a custom executable set, the Python shell built in to Wing doesn't
work.

Would it be (or is it) possible to use a custom executable and still
have the default Python shell ?

Michael Foord
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles.shtml