[wingide-users] Option to show files in project files before subfolders

Hugh Gibson hgibson at cix.co.uk
Wed Dec 20 06:05:00 MST 2006

I'm working on an application (actually written in JavaScript, but using Wing because I'm also working on the Python server) which makes heavy use of namespaces.

In this case I have some files in a folder, and a number of sub-folders (and sub-sub-folders etc). When the sub* folders are opened up in the "Project" window, the files in the root folder get pushed down to the bottom of the screen and it can be difficult to keep track of them as there are no tree lines.

Regardless of whether there are tree lines, can the sub-folders be shown *after* the files in a folder?

A simple example:

 - abling
    + constants
    - fragment
       + handlers
         CViewer.js
    + remote
    - ui
       - dialogs
          + handlers
            CBlink.js
            CPending.js
       + editor
         CIndexTree.js
         CObserver.js
      CApplication.js
      CDoBlink.js

The main application file, in the root of the namespace, is pushed right to the bottom rather than being at the top. That's illogical and I find myself having to think hard about where things are.

Ideally we should have:

 - abling
      CApplication.js
      CDoBlink.js
    + constants
    - fragment
         CViewer.js
       + handlers
    + remote
    - ui
         CIndexTree.js
         CObserver.js
       - dialogs
            CBlink.js
            CPending.js
          + handlers
       + editor

Note that we have the same problem with our Python files, though to a lesser extent as the namespace is less deep.

Hugh