[wingide-users] Running Projects from Wing

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Dec 18 16:25:52 MST 2006

Wingware Support wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Michael Foord wrote:
>> More serious is that the cmd window launched displays the output and vanishes
>> in a flash.
>
> Yes, that's one of the features that the debugger has but isn't
> present in the execute file feature.

Do you use cmd to launch files that don't use the debugger ?

>> Even better would be putting a 'pause' afterwards... Maybe we can make a batch
>> file our executable...
>
> Using a batch file that basically says "Press Return to Exit" and
> waits is probably the way to go for now.

We'll do that. Thanks.

> In the debugger, we ended up doing this in Python, where it is
> just:
>
> raw_input(_("-- Type return or enter to exit --\n"))

Yes but we don't want to add that to individual tests in our test suite
(which we do want to run whilst developing). That would make our test
suite take a little longer to run...

I'm hoping to persuade my boss to buy a Wing license for work. Adding
IronPython support to Wing (for the auto-complete features as well as
running files) would be a great bonus.

Michael
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/index.shtml