[wingide-users] Wing IDE License question

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Dec 18 08:40:34 MST 2006

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Edward Diener wrote:
> I have a license for Wing IDE Personal under Windows. I want to also run Wing
> IDE under a number of Linux distros which I have on the same machine, and from
> which I can boot into a number of OSs.
>
> Do I need to pay for a separate license for each Linux distro, or does a
> single Linux license suffice for all of them ?

A single Linux license is enough.  We only distinguish by
general class of OS, like Windows vs Linux vs OS X.

> What is the procedure for paying and ordering another license so that I can
> run Wing IDE under a Linux distro ?

When adding an OS to a license, you don't need to order a new
full-price license but instead can pay the difference between the
price of the license you have and the 2-OS or 3-OS license (this
is also true for going from Personal to Pro, in case you ever
want to do that).

I'll send you the necessary discount code in a moment, by private
email.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python