[wingide-users] Running Projects from Wing

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Dec 15 08:39:47 MST 2006

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Michael Foord wrote:
> Sorry for the dumb question, I tried searching the manual but I couldn't find
> the answer.
>
> At work we use IronPython. We can configure a 'custom executable' but can't
> run files being edited with Wing from within the IDE.
>
> We don't want to use the debugger - just launch the file with our executable.
>
> Is this possible ?

You can use Execute Current File from the Debug menu, but it's a
very minimal implementation in that there isn't any I/O shown in
the IDE as for debug processes.  I'm hoping to improve this
feature fairly soon.

Unfortunately debugging in IronPython won't work because our
debugger contains code that won't run in the .NET vm.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python