[wingide-users] Wing IDE reported exception, when Report Immediately if Unhandled was enabled

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Dec 12 09:02:22 MST 2006

Tony Cappellini wrote:
> I have a try block setup to catch Key Errors.
> Wing reported a Key Error via the Debug Process Exception dialogue,for a
> Key
> Error, even though I have  Report Immediately if Unhandled was enabled.
> Since this exception is handled, and the Report if Unhandled feature is
> enabled, why does Wing show the dialogue?
> I only have one exception handled in this try block, and there is only one
> python statment in the line which causes the exception.

The exception is reported if you're stepping through the function where
the handler is located, as in:
     value = dictionary[key]
   except KeyError:

This is done to make it clear why the except handler runs.  Wing will
also report an exception if stepping over a function that raises an
exception, but doesn't catch it internally.