[wingide-users] Subversion integration

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Dec 6 15:05:47 MST 2006

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Encolpe Degoute wrote:
> > If that doesn't help, please submit a bug report from the Help
> > menu with the error log included.  That might tell us more about
> > what is happening.
>
> Done.

I'm not seeing anything in the log, unfortunately.  Do you have
svn 1.4 or 1.3 or earlier on your client?

As a sanity check, also be sure you don't have a copy of svn.py
in ~/.wingide2/scripts.

One idea is to put some print statements into scripts/svn.py in
your Wing installation (after saving a copy of the file).  If you
edit it within Wing, it will be auto-reloaded after you save so
you don't need to quit and restart Wing.  The prints show up in
the Messages tool under the Scripts channel.

> For Revision control integration can we have a multiline buffer when
> commiting. Some commits need a long comment.

For instant gratification you can edit scripts/svn.py in Wing and
can change the arginfo specification for commit() by replacing:

formbuilder.CSmallTextGui(max_chars=1024)

With this:

formbuilder.CLargeTextGui()

Save the file and your next commit (again w/o needing to restart
Wing) should show a longer text area.

I'm not completely sure though whether extra code is needed to
handle newlines in comments properly.

- Stephan