[wingide-users] Subversion integration

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Dec 6 10:43:04 MST 2006

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Morten Lied Johansen wrote:
> I have noticed something that is somewhat annoying, and possibly a bug with
> the Subversion integration.
>
> When I create a new file, and add it to my project, I have almost all the SVN
> commands available in the SVN menu, except the one command that makes the most
> sense, namely Add. I can do Diff on the file, and all sorts of other commands,
> even though it hasn't yet been added to SVN, but the Add option is greyed out.
>
> Is this a bug, or is there some setting that I need to edit?

Can you confirm that you're using Wing 2.1.3 with latest patches
installed?  I remember this being a bug but I think it's fixed.

Also, check that you're created the new file in a directory that
is already in SVN.  If it's not, then all items should be
disabled (at least in Wing 2.1.3 that seems to be the case).

If that doesn't help, please submit a bug report from the Help
menu with the error log included.  That might tell us more about
what is happening.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python