[wingide-users] Setting eol style

sdeibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Tue Dec 5 19:17:49 MST 2006

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Max Slimmer wrote:
> Where do I set the desired eol and eof pattern (unix vs win32), Couldn't
> find in docs or pref

The Files / New File EOL preference is used to specify the style
of EOL to use in newly created files.  For other files, Wing
matches whatever is already in the file.  To convert a file, use
the Search in Files tool with Show Replace set in Options and do
a global replace.

I'm not aware of an EOF character being used within source files
(the file system knows how long the file is w/o that) but in
Python shells on the command line you can exit them by typing the
end-of-file character (Control-D on Unix, Control-Z on Windows).
That isn't supported inside Wing's Python Shell, however.

Let me know if that didn't answer your question on EOFs.  I'm not
quite sure what you meant.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python