[wingide-users] auto completion

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sat Dec 2 19:57:25 MST 2006

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Lee Connell wrote:
> I know I posted a while back asking a question about auto completion.  I was
> having problems with wing completing some code, reason being it couldn't know
> what type an object was.  Someone had told me to use Type() I believe to help
> the editor know what type the object was.
>
> Can someone enlighten me again on this, and offer some assistance of how to do
> this so I can try it out.  Any suggestions would be great.

I think you're looking for isinstance().  You can do things like
this:

assert isinstance(self.myvalue, CMyClass)

Or without the assert just:

isinstance(self.myvalue, CMyClass)

And if you need to import a module you don't really want to
import, or just don't want this code executed, you can do
something like this:

if 0:
  import mymodule
  isinstance(self.myvalue, mymodule.CMyClass)

Hope that helps.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python