[wingide-users] Dealing with eggs

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Aug 30 07:27:22 MDT 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Matt Feifarek wrote:
> On 8/29/06, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:
> >
> > Wing figures out the Python Path by actually asking Python what
> > it is, so if your *.pth file is in one of the four documented
> > locations, it should be picked up.
>

> My .pth files are in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages. Opening python and
> importing the package represented by the egg works.
>
> Something else must be wrong; so Wing supports .pth. Thanks, I guess it's my
> problem from here ;-)

Check that Show Analysis Stats in the Source menu shows what you
expect.  If not, be sure that the Python Executable in Project
Properties is /usr/bin/python2.4.

I dimly remember from unpacking zips that the path needed may not
be exactly the same unless you move around the unpacked result,
so if you unpacked this egg yourself this is also worth checking.

Hope that helps.

- Stephan