[wingide-users] Dealing with eggs

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Aug 29 18:29:54 MDT 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Matt Feifarek wrote:
> On 8/23/06, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:
> >
> > Wing can't read anything inside an egg (or zip for that matter),
> > so it's just unable to find modules in there.  Right now, the
> > only solution is to keep things outside of eggs or zips until
> > distributed.
>

> Further digging has led me to believe that Wing has a problem with .pth
> files; the eggs I'm using are not zipped; they're simply directories.
>
> .pth isn't a "new" feature; shouldn't Wing support it?

Wing figures out the Python Path by actually asking Python what
it is, so if your *.pth file is in one of the four documented
locations, it should be picked up.

See http://docs.python.org/lib/module-site.html

I take is these files are not in one of the locations defined in
the above URL?

In any case, you should be able to work around this by setting
Python Path in Project Properies.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python