[wingide-users] Dealing with eggs

Walker Hale walkerh at picoscript.com
Thu Aug 24 09:20:50 MDT 2006

If having the uncompressed egg turns out to be problematic, I believe there
is another less pleasant option.

Isn't it possible to create .pi files that serve to document the interfaces
for Wing? I remember that Wing comes with several .pi files that document
the non-Python parts of the standard library. This is how auto completion
works for dict and list.

Of course creating (and maintaining) such files is so tedious, that just
adding an extracted egg to your sys.path is usually the better option. IMHO,
you would only do this if either (1) trickery inside the .py files confused
Wing or (2) adding the .py files to your path somehow caused problems.

-Walker