[wingide-users] Dealing with eggs

Matt Feifarek matt.feifarek at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 16:58:16 MDT 2006

Hello.

I've started to use egg libraries in my projects, and it seems that their
namespace trickery foils Wing's code completion features.

My guess is that it works (err, doesn't work) like this:
- a module canonically named "foobar" stores itself in site-packages as "
FooBar-0.9.1-py2.4.egg"
- therefore, Wing can't find "foobar"

I've not read all of the docs on how to use eggs and easy_setup, so perhaps
it's an easy answer, but I'm a bit stumped.

Thanks.