[wingide-users] Left/Right Mousewheel Woes

Peter Fein pfein at pobox.com
Wed Aug 16 19:30:58 MDT 2006

Hi-

After upgrading to 2.1, left/right mousewheel scrolling no longer works
correctly in the main editor window or the Python Shell tool.  Instead, it
seems to scroll only down.  The scrolling works fine in the Project & Source
Browser tools.  This occurs under both the private & system GTK on Gentoo
Linux, xorg-6.8.2.

A bit of background:
I've got the bottom edge of my touchpad configured to generate button 6 &
button 7 events, which are interpreted as a horizontal scrollwheel (the
traditional vertical wheel on a mouse generates buttons 4 & 5: try `xev`).

Under wing2.0, this did expected (ie, scrolled left & right).  I *really* miss
this.

--
Peter Fein                                                     pfein at pobox.com
773-575-0694                                      Jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com