[wingide-users] regex search for "$

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Aug 14 17:17:55 MDT 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Russell Warren wrote:
> If I do a regex search for "$ I expect to get all of the lines
> that end with a double quote, but when I try this in Wing it
> does not work at all.

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Somehow this message slipped
through the cracks.

This works for me when I change to Regex mode in the Search or
Search in Files managers.  I noticed turning off MULTILINE causes
matching only when " ends the file, but it sounded like you tried
both.

Can you email me your version of Wing (I tried it in 2.1.1) and
OS you're trying this on?  It may help to submit a bug report
from the help menu w/ error log included after trying a failed
search.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python